Bend is at a crossroads. The actions we take today will affect our beloved city, Tumalo Creek, Tumalo Falls, Shevlin Park and the middle Deschutes River for many years to come. Please join us in calling on Bend City Council and Staff to reopen the process to public participation and a reassessment of the alternatives.
- Sign the petition here!
- Send an email to your local networks. Copy and paste the statement below into the body of your email.
The City of Bend is trying to slip a big expensive water project past us. The SWIP (Surface Water Improvement Project) is a $68 million drain on ratepayers dollars, Tumalo Creek, and Bend’s future. The project says it will improve Bend’s water, but all it will really do is line HDR Engineering’s pockets and suck our Creek dry – it won’t secure any more water for Bend residents than we already have. Luckily, we have a better option: Bend can invest in well-water, which isn’t subject to the same regulations and draws water from a source that is much less sensitive than Tumalo Creek. The best part is that well water is much more cost-effective, so Bend won’t see its water rates keep climbing. Please take action on this issue now. Visit www.StoptheDrain.org to sign the petition – I did!
Thanks, [YOUR NAME]
- Join the volunteer email list here
- Write a letter to the editor of The Bulletin or The Source
- Share your opinion with the City Councilors. Find their contact information here.
- Support the campaign. Gifts in any amount are tax deductible and help our cause!